Foley & Small has been engaged in the practice of law for more than 20 years. Listed below are examples of settlements and verdicts Foley & Small has secured on behalf of its clients in state courts and in the federal courts.
- $125,000,000.00 - Lead counsel in Indiana working to secure a settlement of $125,000,000.00 against the New England Compounding Center and its officers, directors and employees arising from fungus contaminated epidural injections distributed throughout the United States, including Indiana and Michigan.
- $3,200,000.00 - Represented worker injured at work site due to injuries caused by third party contractors (not employer).
- $3,000,000.00 - Retail store slip and fall claim resulting in brain injury.
- $1,600,000.00 - Represented estate of employee injured as a result of an at-work explosion caused by third party contractor.
- $1,100,000.00 - Represented pickup truck driver involved in collision with a semi-tractor trailer resulting in brain injury and fractures.
- $1,100,000.00 - Represented woman injured due to defective product resulting in injuries involving significant complications and multiple follow up procedures.
- $750,000.00 - Represented estate of construction worker injured who suffered fatal injuries during the course of assisting and the unloading of construction materials from a trailer.
- $700,000.00 - Represented estate of man electrocuted while working on farm property. Settlement with certain defendants and trial with one defendant.
- $650,000.00 - Represented estate of middle age woman who suffered fatal injuries during the course of a car semi-tractor collision.
- $613,000.00 - Represented estate of man who died from injuries due to collision with a semi-tractor trailer.
- $545,000.00 - Represented family members suffering injury after being struck by a delivery vehicle which failed to stop for a stop sign.
- $515,000.00 - Represented delivery driver of RV units injured in crash with vehicle on interstate highway resulting in severe lower extremity injuries. Settlements with two defendants and verdict against a third defendant.
- $500,000.00 - Represented client rearended by truck resulting in concussive and hand injuries.
- $500,000.00 - Represented client involved in an intersectional accident resulting in chest and upper extremity injuries.
- $410,000.00 - Represented woman struck by a vehicle involved in a high speed auto chase.
- $280,000.00 - Represented high school student injured in highway intersection accident suffering vertebral fractures.
- $275,000.00 - Represented elderly handicapped gentlemen who fell on asphalt debris in apartment complex parking lot.
- $235,000.00 - Represented woman injured at county road intersection collision suffering complex hand injuries.
- Multiple Settlements in Mass Tort Litigation - Represent many clients who received either defective medical implants or defective pharmaceuticals resolved by settlements with various manufacturers.
Related Blog Posts
08/31/2012 - What would constitute a Premises Liability
Premises Liability cases falling into all of these categories
06/12/2013 - Doug Small Named State Chairperson for Indiana in the NECC Multi-District Litigation Proceeding
Multi-District Litigation proceeding against New England Compounding Center now pending in the federal District Court in Boston
02/26/2015 - Settlement Reached with UniFirst for $30.5 Million
Contractor providing air testing services for NECC in contaminated epidural injections litigation settles
St. Jude Medical Defibrillator Recall
FDA has identified this as a Class I recall, the most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death.
NECC Second Payments Expected This Summer
Tort Trustee Reports Payment Expectation at MDL Status Conference
Final NECC Victims' MDL Payments Due By Summer
The second and final payments to victims of the 2012 fungal meningitis outbreak should come this summer and the underlying court case should be nearing final resolution by August.
Cadden Guilty in NECC Criminal Trial
NECC owner Barry Cadden guilty on racketeering and fraud claims
What is Mass Tort Litigation?
Often seen with defective drugs or medical implants.